New Orleans Injury & Damages Attorney
Many people working in offshore drilling and other maritime occupations are Louisiana residents whose employers are based in Texas. The most important considerations when you seek legal counsel after a Louisiana maritime accident may be the law firm’s Jones Act knowledge and maritime accident litigation experience — not its specific location. At Doyle LLP Trial Lawyers, we will determine where your claim must be filed and how best to pursue it.
The most qualified and focused Louisiana maritime accident lawyer for your needs might be based in Texas, where our firm Doyle LLP Trial Lawyers reaches across state borders and international boundaries to help our clients every working day. We are prepared to evaluate and take action on your serious maritime injury case — or a property damage claim arising from the BP oil spill or other corporate negligence — whether the accident occurred:
- In any bay, port, or oil field in the Gulf of Mexico
- On a commercial vessel traveling the Gulf Intercoastal Waterway
- On a barge, dredging vessel, tugboat or other workboat on the Mississippi River, Red River, Houston River or Atchafalaya River
- On a vessel or in a shore-based maritime job at the Port of South Louisiana, New Orleans or Baton Rouge
- While working in oil exploration or another industry at the Louisiana Offshore Oil Port (LOOP), Port Fourchon, or in another deepwater, shallow-water or inland river port
A Proven Legal Resource for Maritime Workers in Louisiana and Nationwide
Among the hundreds of marine-related injury and negligence cases we have handled, our firm has achieved notable settlements and verdicts for victims of accidents ranging from fatal maritime accidents to oil rig and equipment explosions, from offshore helicopter crashes to other types of transport accidents, including:
- A $4.5 million unanimous Houston jury verdict for Louisiana citizen Captain Charles Norfleet, who was seriously injured due to negligence by both a German and a U.S. company in a ship-to-ship transfer.
Norfleet v. Chemikalien Seetransport and Heidenreich Marine - Jury Verdict: $4.5 million. (Attorneys Fees: $1,860,000; Expenses: $105,452.29)
We will welcome your call or e-mail seeking legal counsel after any type of Louisiana maritime accident or catastrophic event along the Gulf Coast. When you want trustworthy knowledge and an attorney prepared to take your case for justice the full distance, we encourage you to contact us at Doyle LLP Trial Lawyers.